Monday, October 3, 2016

ClassiQ Speaks: I begged Rahama Sadau to feature in video that caused her expulsion

Jos born music star, ClassiQ, has told
PREMIUM TIMES that he was not happy
with what happened to popular
Kannywood actress, Rahama Sadau.

Ms. Sadau was expelled from the
Kannywood film industry for featuring
in a romantic music video of ClassiQ’s
new single ‘I love you’.

Her expulsion was announced on
Sunday by MOPPAN, a coalition of
associations that set rules and
regulations governing the conduct of
actors and actresses, as well as
production of movies in northern
Nigeria.

ClassiQ, who sounded remorsefully
throughout, said he never thought things
would turnout the way they did.

”I actually asked and begged Rahama
Sadau to be part of the video because
she is a popular figure in the
entertainment industry and that is all. I
wanted a popular face in the video,” he
said.

“When the whole thing blew because of
her appearance in the video, I got
shocked. In fact I am still not myself till
now. I am shocked by her expulsion.

“I keep feeling it is because of my video
that she got expelled from the industry
and that is not good at all. She is a good
person. “

We are not in any way trying to prove a point or step on any body’s toe.

“It is strictly professional and look at
what it has turned out to be for her. I
am so worried and disturbed about it, ”
the musician told PREMIUM TIMES.
Meanwhile, a popular Kaduna-based
film and music producer, Asino
Handsome, said the whole issue was
blown out of proportion. ”

I think she should have been suspended and warned instead of expulsion. She is a great actress. The regulatory body should have placed her on last warning.

“Outright expulsion is not a good thing. I
am appealing to MOPPAN to please
revisit the sanction and help the
actress.”

Rahama Sadau, who is yet to react to her
expulsion, is expected to return to
Nigeria from her vacation in India this
week.

No comments:

Post a Comment